NC² Advancing concrete pavement research and technologies
The National Concrete Consortium (NC²) is a national forum for concrete pavement research and technology transfer initiatives. The NC² Executive Committee is comprised of regional representatives with the Technology Transfer Concrete Consortium (TTCC), an FHWA Pooled Fund (currently TPF-5(313) and formerly TPF-5(159)). The goals of the NC² are:
- Identifying needed research projects
- Developing pooled fund initiatives
- Providing a forum for technology exchange among participants
- Communicating state agencies’ research needs to the FHWA and industry
- Providing assistance to the CP Road Map
The TTCC is open to any state desiring to be a part of new developments in concrete paving leading to the implementation of new technologies. These technologies will lead to longer-life pavements through the use of innovative testing, construction optimization technologies and practices, and technology transfer.