Real-Time Smoothness (RTS)
This page provides supplementary materials for the project and report entitled Implementation Support for Second Strategic Highway Research Program (SHRP2) Renewal R06E Real-Time Smoothness Measurements on Portland Cement Concrete Pavements during Construction. For more information, see the SHRP2 Solutions page.
The following quick references were developed as part of this project:
- Real-Time Smoothness Pocket Reference. A pocket reference guide was developed to deliver key information in the field about real-time smoothness installation, daily startup and shutdown, and recommendations for maximizing the benefits of the technology (available in both 8 1/2 x 11 and widescreen versions)
- Real-Time Smoothness Quick Reference Index. As a companion to the reference guide, an index was developed and designed to be printed as a magnet that could be affixed to the frame of a slipform paver.
- Achieving Smoothness in Concrete Pavement Construction: Handout #1, Handout #2, Handout #3
- Guidelines for Building Smooth Concrete Pavements—Handout
- Using Real-Time Smoothness (RTS) Measurements to Improve Initial Smoothness of PCC Pavements—Handout